MOTHERS ARE HONORED WITH SPECIAL AMENITIES EVERY DAY AT GREATER COLUMBUS CONVENTION CENTER
(Columbus, May 13, 2017) — Mother’s Day is officially Sunday, but mothers receive a warm welcome every day at the SMG-managed Greater Columbus Convention Center (GCCC), which is nearing the completion of its $140 million expansion and renovation in July.
Mothers arrive at the GCCC to discover these special amenities and services:
- Reserved parking spaces for new mothers and mothers-to-be next to the elevator vestibules in the Vine Street, Goodale and South Garages which are connected to the facility by enclosed walkway
- Spacious family restrooms
- A three-station, freestanding nursing mother’s room
- Charging stations for mobile devices
- Healthy food selections, booster seats, a variety of seating options, multiple flat-screen televisions and individually owned quick-service restaurants in the South Café & Marketplace
- Levy’s Discovery Café, composed of the Homegrown Market, Columbus Grille, Crimson Cup and CBUS Tap Room, with the Smartfarm Green Growth System of vegetables and herbs for culinary use arriving this summer
- Collaborative areas throughout the facility with a variety of comfortable seating options, ideal for mothers traveling with children
- The largest contemporary collection of Franklin County art to enjoy
- Shops within the venue catering to children and parents, including Heroes & Games, Ohio Buckeye Connection, Nielsen’s Convenience Store & Gifts and the Columbus Visitor Center
- Transportation options including CoGo Bikes, Central Ohio Transit Authority’s AirConnect airport shuttle and free CBUS Circulator traveling throughout downtown, and SegAway Tours of Columbus
The GCCC also plans to develop an alliance with Mobile Mommies, LLC, which provides professional on-site child care and entertainment during events in the Columbus area.
“Elevating the guest experience is an ongoing process at our facility, and mothers are a significant and valued portion of our customer base,” said GCCC Assistant General Manager Sue Graves, a mother of three children.